Environmental Monitoring and Research
- City of Surrey Urban Forestry - Development of a variety of habitat monitoring protocols and a checklist/data collection form for use by various city parks personnel to assess biological attributes of park habitat. This process allowed natural/forest and passive parks to quantified and compared using a standardized assessment protocol. Allowed parks to be ranked based on their value as wildlife habitats and opportunities for enhancement, protection, conservation and potential mitigation
- Canadian Forest Products Port Mellon, BC and Sultran, Port Moody, BC: Freshwater and marine benthic, invertebrate, and meiofauna monitoring. Zone of influence for thermal discharge into Howe Sound, ocean dumping permitting.
- Canadian Occidental Petroleum (formerly FMC of Canada Ltd., formerly Nexen), Squamish, BC: Routine annual monitoring of Dungeness crab (Cancer magister) populations, Howe Sound and Indian Arm. Site successfully decommissioned. Co-recipient of BCMOE Environmental Achievement Award.
- Canadian Environmental Protection Service and District of Mackenzie Monitoring relative abundance and diversity of select invertebrates with an emphasis on Baetidae and Chironomidae taxa. Morfee and Chichouyenily Creeks.
- Abbott Laboratoties Ltd and Corporation of Delta Invertebrate monitoring, Aedes dorsalis. Study design, implementation statistical analysis and reporting.